Friday 8 July 2011

(PAD Day 2)

Yeah! Three Day Weekend!
I've been needing a long weekend for a while, I could use the break. Anyone who's worked in the food service industry will understand how grating it can be. And for those who haven't and don't know what I'm talking about, please bare these things in mind next time you go out for food.

1 - That your server is NOT a mind reader.

2 - There is a menu for a reason.

3 - The phrase 'when you've got a minute' is the most irritating and obnoxiously rude thing you could say.

4 - If you have a complaint, pipe up about it and it can be fixed. Rather than wait until you get to the till. (hence point 1)

5 - Don't complain about the total. We list the prices and if you can't do the math yourself, you shouldn't be out on your own. (hence point 2)

Which brings me to my next point, I need a new job. I'm going to be 23 next year, I think that's a bit old to still be in a sterotypical 'summer' job. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up and now I'm grown up I still don't know. If I'd had any sense at school I would have studied harder at school and taken subjects like Admin and Business Studies and maybe by now I would have had a cushy job in an office and a deposit for a house. But I didn't I took art and what pot of shit that was!

It's not financially viable for me to go back to college and I feel like by the time I finish college I'll bet too old to get a careeer started because I'll need to start thinking about having kids before I get to old to raise them. My brain hurts sometimes with the amount anxious thoughts running through it.

Sorry for the long and depressive rant.

Anyone have any advice?

Love and Bugs

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment